Friday, January 14, 2011
Babies
on babies.....oh babies. Thinkinng about babies pulls me in many different directions. On one hand I think about my future children, what will they look like, what kind of personalities they will have, what kind of mother I will be - and I feel like I'm ready, I want one. Then I think about the realities of motherhood, your life is never really yours again - and that's a good thing, a new chapter in life, but am I ready for that? Probably not. But to be fair, I don't think anyone is ready until it is thrust upon them, because you can't ever be ready for something which you know nothing about. And, though I don't know much about parenting, I do believe I know that you have no idea what it is like until you experience it. I don't know what has prompted this post. I guess it is just that so many people I know are having babies, and I think about it. Okay, back to reality. We are not having babies until we are done with school, have jobs, and hopefully have a house. That is final. I know, how boring. But I really do think about it, I have names picked out, I have even mapped out the preferred months to give birth, and consequently the months in which to try and get pregnant. I know, I'm crazy (and it probably won't work out exactly as planned), but I feel it is a gift I will give to my future children to give them a birthday not overlapping the holidays, etc. For now I guess I will just dream about babies and wait my turn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment