When we pulled up I saw the beautiful large tree in the front yard and then...the house. It was peach. Yuck. I really dislike peach as a house or wall color. But we went inside. The layout was great, you don't just walk right into the living room like many houses, there was a living room in the front of the house and a family room in the back, both good sizes. The kitchen had an island instead of a peninsula or galley (I did hate the cabinets above the island, but you can't win them all). The bedrooms were a large, the layout of the master bathroom was efficient and the walk-in closet was the perfect size. And the park out the back yard surrounded by large trees was beautiful and private.
This was it. The one. I knew it right when we walked in. I left Chris a message to call as soon as he was off the mountain so he could come see it. It was pouring rain so Chris got done early but our realtor was busy hat afternoon (with a guitar lesson, actually) so we weren't able to see it until that evening after dark. Chris assured me that if I liked it enough to put in an offer, so would he, but I wanted him to see it. When he saw it he agreed it was great (duh!) from the house to the location it was perfect.
We put an offer in that night. It was a foreclosure so we were dealing with a bank. We found out there was another offer on the house so we offered full asking price and it was accepted!
We moved in as soon as we could, which happened to be Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2011!
Back of the house
Backyard with the park behind
Front
Kitchen, don't worry, we changed the floor immediately
Kitchen looking into the dining room
Looking into the family room from the kitchen, huge windows let in a ton of light
No comments:
Post a Comment