Friday, May 21, 2010

Day with my mom

Last Saturday I had a wonderful day, just me and my mom. First, I went over and we made strawberry jam! My favorite. I feel sorry for those who only grew up on store-bought jam. It is just not even close to the amount of fabulousness as homemade. My husband is also now hooked on this jam, so it was neccessary to make more for next year.

the stuff
the process



the haul

This is just about enough to get Chris and me through the winter. Next, we went to see The Parade of Homes! One of my absoulte favorite things to do, tour beautiful houses. Hello, dream come true. We go every year and I look forward to it every year as the school year comes to a close. Then we ended with the traditional after-parade-of-homes-ice cream. It is always so warm ice cream in needed. Usually this is in the form of a blizzard, as it was in this case. We were also quite famished, so we also split a chicken strip basket (another one of my favorites). So all in all, a great day filled with things (and people) I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment