Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Here I Go Again

Let's just say that over the past few years, like many people, I have gained a little weight. Particularly since the wedding I had let myself go, so on January first I began my new exercise and healthier eating regime. I was doing well, going to the gym about five times a week and keeping track of what I ate in a food journal (which I highly recommend - I certainly did not restrict myself from eating things I love, but it kept me accountable for how much I ate). By March I had lost about ten pounds, but then April and May came with tons of homework and stress. Going to the gym totally went out the window and I gained about five pounds back. So I decided to really start it again, June first, with rejuvinated motivation - afterall, it is bikini season.

So here is my news, the reason for this post, something I am very proud of. It may not be a very big deal to most people, but today I ran a mile without stopping. Let's get it straight, I am NOT a runner. I hate running. This is a big milestone for me. Throughout all the years of school when we ran the mile, I never once ran the whole thing without walking at least part of it. I went into the gym, went to the treadmill, set it at a decent pace and told myself I was going to run (let's be more accurate - jog) the whole thing, and I did. Like I said, it doesn't sound like much, but hopefully it will lead to more miles in the future. Here's to getting back in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment