Later that night after dinner Chris and I decided to go down to the beach together. We took a blanket and sat and watched the sunset. There was no one else on the beach (probably because it was still really cold). We were bundled and I was quite comfortable when Chris said he wanted to straighten out the blanket so I needed to get up. I replied very matter-of-factly that the blanket did not need to be fixed. After unsuccessfully pressing the issue a couple more times he finally just told me to get up. A little annoyed, I stood up and when I turned around he was on his knee with a ring and asked me to marry him.
It is at this point that most women would exclaim yes! This was not my reaction. My reply was, "are you kidding me?" he stayed there, a little confused and I asked again if he was kidding. It was around this time that I realized this was not a joke and I took the ring and started crying and we hugged. I don't think I actually ever said yes, but I think he knew the answer.

Chris and I had been going out for almost five years, but I still was not expecting the proposal. I am so excited to be getting married and spending the rest of my life with such a great person.
I find it hilarious that your reaction was almost exactly the same as mine. Haha- he got on his knee in front of people and I got slightly annoyed because he was embarrassing me (thinking, of course, that he was joking) and then he pulled out the ring and I said, "...um is that real?" No yes :)Congrats! I'm excited for you! I look forward to pictures. :)
ReplyDelete