I know it is totally dorky, but I'm on an intramural ultimate frisbee team with my architecture student group. I'm awful at it, but I have so much fun! I'm a pretty terrible thrower, and I can't catch anything that is too fast, or high, as I am 5'1" and have absolutely no vertical, but get this! I am leading scorer right now. This is complete strategy, because when a girl scores it's worth double the points, so since I'm pretty useless in general, I try to hang near the end zone and when the frisbee comes my way, I'm there to catch it and score the mega points. It's exilharating...particularly when there was a minute left, we were one behind, and I scored the winning goal! Best moment of my life!....ok, not really, but it was awesome. Of course I have to give major thanks to my teammates who are actually fabulous athletes and just make me look good.
Anyone up for a game of frisbee? Just let me know.
You make it sound like so much fun, we should get a game going some weekend!
ReplyDelete